|C. 4300 B.C.||Rajanaka Bhumi Chandra founded the Katoch Dynasty.||Egyptians built the pyramids.|
|C. 3000 B.C.||The Rajas of Kangra fought against the Hindu deity Lord Rama.||Harappa & Mohenjodaro civilizations. (C. 2500 B.C.)||Invention of Bronze.
* Invention of Hieroglyphs. (Egypt)
|C. 1500 B.C.||(234th) Raja Susarma Chandra fought
against the Pandavas in the
* Built the fort of Kangra.
|The Battle of Mahabharata.||Shang Dynasty (China).
* Konossas (City) damaged by earthquake.
|C. 900 B.C.||The Katoch kings fought the Persian & Assyrian attacks.||Punjab under the Queen of Assyria.||Town of Byzantine was
* Alphabet introduced.
* Rome founded. (C.753 B.C.)
|C. 500 B.C. To C. B.C.||Rajanaka Parmanand Chandra fought
Alexander the great.
(Better known as Raja Porus)
* The Katoch Rajas fought Ashoka the Great - lost their lands in Multan.
|Alexanders invasion of
Punjab. (C. 326 B.C.)
Ashoka the Great. (C. 275 B.C.)
Vikram Aditya. (C. 56 B.C.)
Life of Socrates.
* Great Wall of China Built.
* Ceaser master of Rome. (C. 45 B.C.)
|C. 100 A.D.||The Rajas of Kangra fought numerous battles against the Rajas of Kannauj.||Reign of Kanishka.||Augustus became Emperor of Rome.|
|C. 470 A.D.||The Rajas of Kangra fought the Rajas of Kashmir - for the supremacy in the hills.||Gupta dynasty.||Christianity accepted.|
|C. 643 A.D.||Huien Tsang visited the Kingdom of Kangra. (Jallandhra)||Muslim settlements in the N. West of India. (C. 750 A.D.)||St. Sophia built.
* Tang Dynasty China.
|C. 853 A.D.||Rajanaka Prithvi Chandra's Reign.||First King of Scotland.
* First viking raids.
* Invention of gun powder.
|C. 903 A.D.||Rajanaka Jai Chandra-I built the Temples of
Masroor and Baijnath.
* Coinage of Kangra from this period can be seen in the Himachal Museums.
|C. 1009 A.D.||Mahmood Ghazni invades Kangra. (Captures a large booty)||India, collection of powerful feudal states.||Norman conquest by King
William of England.
* First crusade. (A.D. 1071 to 1270)
|C. 1170 A.D.||Kingdom of Kangra is divided into two parts - Kangra and Jaswan. The Katoch armies fight against Mohammad Gauri. (The lands of Jallandhra were lost in about C. 1220 A.D.)||Mohammad Gauri is invited by Raja Jai Chandra of kannauj to invade Delhi against Prithvi Raj Chauhan. (C. 1193 A.D.)||Ireland conquered by Henry-II
* Persecution of Jews in Europe.
|C. 1341 A.D.||Rajanaka Rup Chandra's looting expeditions
take him till the gates of Delhi.
* The Katoch kings fight Taimur.
* Tughlaqs grant the title of MIYAN to the Katoch royal family.
|Reign of Feroz Shah Tughlaq.
* Taimurs invasion of India.
|Genghis Khan's reign & his
grandson Kublai Khan.
(Emperor of the largest Empire ever ruled by one man)
|C. 1405 A.D.||Further division of the Kangra State.
State of Guler is founded.
|Humayun (son of Taimur) is expelled from India.||Ming dynasty-China.
* Inca Power.
* First printing press in Europe. (C. 1440 A.D.)
|C. 1556 A.D.||Sikandar Shah & The Rajas of Kangra combine
their forces against Akbar,
- but were defeated.
* The Raja of Kangra renders his alliance to Emperor Akbar and in return are given the title of Maharaja.
* The Mughals attack the fort of Kangra 52 times but fail to defeat it.
|Babar first Emperor of India.
Akbar the Great is Emperor from C. 1542 to 1606 A.D.
* Vasco Da Gama reaches India.
* Spanish invade America.
* Ottoman Empire at its highest.
* Spanish invade Peru.
* Union of Wales.
|C. 1620 A.D.||Mughals occupy the fort of Kangra.||Taj Mahal is built. (C. 1650 A.D.)||Mongolians over run China.|
|C. 1700 A.D.||Maharaja Bhim Chandra units with Guru Gobind Singh against Aurangzeb. He receives the title of Dharam Rakshak from the Guru.||The Mughal Empire starts to
* Clive wins Bengal.
|Persia conquered by the
* Spanish War of succession.
* Union of Scotland.
|C. 1750 A.D.||Maharaja Ghamand Chandra is made the first ever Rajput Nizam by the Durranis.||Ahmed Shah Durrani Master of Punjab.||China conquers Tibet and Nepal.|
|C. 1775 A.D.
C. 1820 A.D.
|The Golden age of Kangra under Maharaja Sansar Chandra - Kangra Miniature paintings flourish under him.||The rise of the British, Sikhs and Maratha power in India.||Napoleon Bonaparte.
(C. 1796 A.D.)
Union of Ireland.
|C. 1820 A.D.||Decline of the Kangra empire, Kangra fort occupied by the Sikhs after the Gurkha War.||Sikhs rise under Maharaja Ranjit Singh.||Bombardment of Nanking (China) by the British.|
|C. 1846 A.D.||British annex Kangra from the Sikhs.
* The Katoch Kings fight for their independence against the British, Maharaja Parmod Chandra loses the battle and is taken prisoner to Almora - he dies there.
|The Indian Mutiny.||Peru becomes independent.
* Livingston in Africa.
* Career of Bismarck.
* Congress of Vienna.
|C. 1924 A.D.||Maharaja Jai Chandra of Lambagraon - Kangra is given the title of Maharaja as a hereditary distinction along with a personal honour of 11 gun salutes and is also returned the fort of Kangra. (in ruins after the 1905 Earthquake)||India completely under the
* Freedom movement of India.
|First World war.
* Mexico brakes away from Spain.
* The American civil war.
* Russian revolution.
|C. 1947 A.D.||Lambagraon - Kangra under Maharaja Dhruv
Dev Chandra. (Last ruler of Kangra) merges his
state with the Union of India.
H.H. The Dalai Lama arrives in Dharamsala Kangra. (C. 1957 A.D.)
|India gains Independence.
* lndia~Pakistan partition.
|2nd World war.
* People's Republic of China created.
* Jewish persecution.
|C.1972 A.D.||The Princely Order is abolished in India and
the Rajas of Kangra become ordinary citizens.
* The district of Kangra is merged with the newly founded state of Himachal Pradesh.
|Indira Gandhi declares Emergency in India.||Neil Armstrong is the 1st man on the moon.|